Sunday, April 22, 2007

Sample Diet

Here's a day's worth of meals that I would recommend for a woman who wants to shed fat and gain lean muscle mass:
(If you do cardio or strength training at some point in the day, follow it with a sugar-free and low-carb Nutrition shake.)

Breakfast:
1/2 cup old-fashioned oatmeal cooked with water
1/4 cup blueberries
1 packet Splenda
Woman's Multivitamin
Omega 3 fish oil (2 or 3 capsuls)

Lunch:
chicken breast (grilled, baked or broiled)
2 cups fresh green salad with
1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil or flaxseed oil and lemon juice
1 cup tea (green or herbal)

Midday Snack:
sugar free yogurt
1/2 apple or pear
10 walnuts or almonds

Dinner:
wild salmon (grilled, baked, or broiled)
1 cup steamed veggies
1 grapefruit
as much tea as you like

Evening Sleepy Snack:
Caffeine-free Chai with skim milk and Stevia to calm your nerves and pamper your tummy.

Note: If you plan on using this diet as a guide for the rest of the week, only eat the salmon once. On the other days, substitute with some other lean protein source (turkey or chicken breast, seafood, egg white omelette made with two egg whites, one whole egg and veggies, or tofu.)

ALSO: DRINK TONS AND TONS OF WATER. IF YOU FEEL HUNGRY, IT COULD BE THIRST. IT'S BEEN FOUND NOW THAT DRINKING WATER WITH YOUR MEAL HAS NO EFFECT ON YOUR BODY'S ABILITY TO DIGEST WELL, so DRINK UP!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Boy, you' d have to loose fat with this diet...you sure it's enough food? It sounds terrific and super yummy, I think I would be super hungry...although, I think that when I exercise (a lot more than I do currently)it is enough, because I wouldn't have any more time to eat than what is on here.
Thank you SOOO much for putting this up here!!!

gio_be said...

Waoh! You are such an expert now. I am very proud of you. :) I will try to follow this starting today. I've been binge eating! It's horrible. I'll let you know how this week ends. I will start journaling my food this week as well, this seems to help me a lot. Especially to gain conscience of what I am putting into my body.
lots of love,
Giovanna :)