Friday, April 13, 2007

The Good Eating Philosophy

"Good eating is a philosophy. I know a French lady who muses, 'I am the keeper of my sacred body. I carefully guard everything I put in my mouth.' She eats entirely by the seasons."
-Alexandra Stoddard

Yes! Eating by the seasons is a wonderful philosophy indeed. Eat asparagus and tender salads in spring, come summer endulge in melons and berries. In autumn, bake pies chock full of harvest-fresh apples or pumpkins, and boil sweet ears of corn. And when Jack Frost comes knocking, warm your tummy with hearty soups, crusty breads, and home-baked cookies.

2 comments:

Gio_be said...

I've been reading a great book about eating what's in season. It is highly recommendable. It also has some great recipes, maybe you've heard about it it's called: French Women don't get Fat. It's the art of eating for pleasure and with what is available in the season. Have a look at the website :)
http://www.mireilleguiliano.com/
bon appetite!
love, gio

dawn-faith said...

Thanks for the tip, sweetie! I'll check it out. When are you coming out with your own blog? I would love to visit it!