Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Gratitiude

"Remember all the love you have received in this universe, all the people who make your life shine. Remember Nature who has taught you many lessons and given you divine hints about yourself. Don't think about what you have not achieved. Remember the things that have come your way-some asked for, some not. God's grace is given freely. It is immeasurable. Let gratitude wash away all the tiredness, all the impurities, and all the karmas. Remember all the goodness that permeates your life."
-Swami Chidvilasananda

Sometimes it's a struggle to live in the moment. Have you ever had this, too? Sometimes all I can think about are my plans, what I want to happen, material things I want to aquire, places I want to see, things I want to experience. I get impatient with myself, and in the end with God. I worry that things won't go the way I plan or want. This is when it is important for me to read words of wisdom, or find wisdom in my own heart while sitting quietly in nature. I hope Gurumayi's words are in inspiration for you, they are for me. When I think about all the infinite ways that God's plan has proven to be so much greater than anything my own mind could muster, my faith and enthusiasm are restored.
Have a wonderful day!

No comments: